Impeccable custom-built 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath Mill Valley home plus detached guest cottage conveniently located near all schools in the Mill Valley School District. With many recent upgrades and energy-saving features, this high-quality “Transitional” Craftsman is surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds and displays a tasteful mix of traditional and contemporary interior styles. This single-level home features vaulted ceilings, Bay windows, Bolivian Rosewood flooring, an open kitchen/dining/living great room with a dramatic fireplace, and a separate flexible office/den with powder room. The spacious kitchen is fully appointed with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, subway tiles, custom cabinets, and a generous kitchen island with additional under-counter wine/beverage refrigerator.
The Master Bedroom boasts a modern chandelier, large custom walk-in closet, French doors leading to the garden, and a double-sided fireplace shared with the spa-like Master Bath which features heated floors, dual sinks with vanity, double shower, and corner spa tub. Many other elements include a covered porch, storage areas, ample closets and laundry area, plus attic, central heat and A/C, and modern security and entertainment systems throughout. Fully prepaid solar panels cover most of the utilities expense. The grounds and gardens are landscaped, irrigated, and highlighted by flagstone walkways and a back patio.
Detached studio cottage with open floorplan offers a full bath, full galley kitchen with dishwasher, and a breakfast bar, skylight, built-in storage, washer/dryer plus dedicated sewer and mailbox.
Near all levels of A+ schools, Mill Valley Community Center, public transportation, and a private entrance to Freeman Park, while also being close to Whole Foods, many restaurants, theater and easy highway access.
Note: Studio Cottage is in process for getting City approval as a legal rental unit
- 3 bed / 2.5 bath single-level Craftsman with attic and flexible office/den with powder room
- Detached studio cottage with full bath, kitchen, & laundry
- Approximate 5080 sq. ft. lot / 1750 sq. ft. main residence / 330 sq. ft. cottage per Floor Plan Visuals
- Walking distance to Mill Valley schools, Community Center, public transportation, and private entrance to dog- and kid-friendly Freeman Park
- Close to Whole Foods, restaurants, theater and US-101
- Substantially rebuilt & expanded in 2008 with recent improvements (new interior & exterior paint, Cottage-garage door)
- Cedar shingles (manufactured), Andersen and Milgard Windows
- Landscaped front & backyard with automatic irrigation; California Gold flagstone walkways and back patio; garden shed/bike storage
- Eco features including wall and ceiling insulation and 16 Sungevity Solar Panels
- ADT Security System, fire sprinkler system, hardwired smoke/ CO detectors, Trane central heat & A/C and exterior motion sensor lights; in-wall safe in master closet
- Wall mounted TVs with in-wall wiring in Living Room, Master Bedroom; swivel TV in Guest Cottage; Bose ceiling speakers in Living Room and Kitchen
- Vaulted ceilings, custom molding, recessed lighting, Bolivian Rosewood flooring, Bay windows, 2 gas fireplaces, skylights in kitchen and cottage, custom built-ins, shelving and storage throughout, large closets with lighting; subway tiles in kitchen and all baths
- Kitchen: Kitchen Aid stainless steel appliances, Kohler fixtures; Costa Esmeralda Granite counters, center island with under-counter beverage/wine refrigerator & Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- Master Suite includes Master Bedroom with contemporary chandelier, large walk-in closet with built-ins, and a Montigo double-sided see-through fireplace shared with a generous spa-like Master Bath
- Master Bath: 8-foot dual sink marble vanity with cabinets, double shower with bench seating, Kohler Corner Spa tub
- Nuheat programmable heated floors in 2 main bathrooms; Toto toilets in main house
- Laundry area near bedrooms with Whirlpool Duet Washer & Dryer ( with steam option) and storage
- Noritz On-Demand Water Heating for Main House and Cottage
- Access to garden from den and Master Bedroom
- Cottage / Accessory Dwelling Unit has separate entrance, mail box and sewer (consolidated utility billing) plus cable/phone hookups; Open concept; laminate floors, breakfast bar for 2, Whirlpool washer & dryer, lots of storage plus attic; Galley kitchen: full size refrigerator, 2-burner gas cook-top, microwave /convection oven; dishwasher, disposal; Full bath w/ 5-foot bathtub, shower, shower bench, cabinets; wall-mounted TV; Williams high efficiency direct vent gas heater
The information contained herein has been obtained through the seller, it is deemed reliable but cannot be guaranteed as to its accuracy. Any information of special interest should be obtained through independent verification.